Senate Bill (SB) 244 Analysis - Disadvantaged Unincorporated Communities in Fresno County
General Plan Amendment No. 559; Environmental Review No. 7768 proposes changes to the General Plan Policy Document to include:
- Amending Section E - Non-Agricultural Rural Development (pg. 2-32) of the Agriculture and Land Use Element to reference disadvantaged unincorporated legacy communities within the County; and
- Provide a new Appendix B-2 which includes an analysis of water, wastewater, stormwater drainage and structural fire protection needs or possible infrastructure deficiencies for the identified communities.
Upcoming Community Meetings
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm, Riverdale Memorial District Memorial Hall, 3085 W. Mount Whitney Ave., Riverdale
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm, Fowler Branch Library, 306 S. 7th Street, Fowler
- Thursday, January 30, 2020, 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm, Tranquillity Branch Library Meeting Room, at 25561 Williams Street, Tranquillity
The 2000 Fresno County General Plan
The Fresno County General Plan is a comprehensive, long-term framework for the protection of the county’s agricultural, natural, and cultural resources and for development in the county. Designed to meet State general plan requirements, it outlines policies, standards, and programs and sets out plan proposals to guide day-to-day decisions concerning Fresno County’s future.
Economic Development Strategy
Adopted Multi-Jurisdictional Fifth-Cycle Housing Element Update
General Plan Annual Progress Report
Current Planning and Environmental Analysis (559) 600-4497
Policy Planning (559) 600-4022
Our offices are located in Annex "A" and "B" of the Fresno County Plaza on the southwest corner of Tulare and "M" Streets.
Office hours (available by phone): Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Lobby Counter Hours: Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m