Most Common Questions
- What is Medi-Cal?
- Who Can Get Medi-Cal?
- Where Do I Apply For Medi-Cal in Fresno County?
Medi-Cal is California's Medicaid health care program. This program pays for a variety of medical services for children and adults with limited income and resources.
Who Can Get Medi-Cal?
You may automatically be eligible for Medi-Cal if you receive cash assistance under one of the following programs:
- SSI/SSP (Supplemental Security Income/State Supplemental Program)
- CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids)
- Refugee Assistance
- Foster Care or Adoption Assistance Program
Even if you don't receive cash assistance, you may be eligible for Medi-Cal if you are one of the following:
- 65 or older
- Under 21
- Diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer
- In a skilled nursing or intermediate care facility
- Refugee status during a limited period of eligibility. Adult refugees may or may not be eligible depending upon how long they have been in the U.S.
- Parent or caretaker relative of a child under 21 and
- The child's parent is deceased or doesn't live with the child, or
- The child's parent is incapacitated, or
- The child's parent who is the primary wage earner is unemployed or underemployed.
Where Do I Apply For Medi-Cal in Fresno County?
Heritage Center: 3151 N. Millbrook, Fresno CA
Phone: (559) 600-4119
Coalinga Regional Center: 311 Coalinga Plaza Drive, Coalinga, CA
Phone: (559) 600-6300
Reedley Regional Center: 1680 E. Manning Ave., Reedley, CA
Phone: (559) 600-7580
Selma Regional Center: 3800 McCall, Selma, CA
Phone: (559) 600-5113
ABD Medi-Cal (for people over 65 or disabled)
Senior Resource Center: 2025 E. Dakota, 4th floor, Fresno CA
Service Center: 1-855-832-8082