How do I verify my employment or wages as an IHSS Care Provider?
It is important to remember that the County of Fresno and Department of Social Services In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) ARE NOT THE EMPLOYER. However, verification that the care provider is and/or has been employed by one or more recipients of the IHSS program can be provided.
The IHSS Employment & Wage Verification Request Form below is the only form that is authorized for use by IHSS care providers to request verification of employment. Our staff will not complete any other forms submitted to our office. All employment and wage verification requests must be requested by completing this form. Other signed authorizations will not be accepted.
Please print, complete and submit the IHSS Employment & Wage Verification Request Form by USPS mail, Fax or Email. Please allow seven (7) to ten (10) business days to receive your requested information. All requests will be returned by USPS mail or secure email only upon request; there is no in office ‘pick-up’ option or return by fax available. If the form is not completed correctly or we are unable to read the information provided, there could be a delay or we may not be able to process your request.
Information is only available back to the beginning of the current calendar year. If seeking information on prior years, the IHSS Provider must request a W-2 from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
The only information that our office will provide is listed below:
- Start Date
- Job Title
- Hourly Wage
- Total Gross Year-to-Date income for current year
- Last pay period date (when employment has been terminated)
- Year-to-Date wage verification/payment history
Information that cannot be provided/verified is listed below:
- Reasons for termination (or verification of reasons for termination)
- Amount of hours worked, hours assigned or overtime hours
- Anticipated pay
- Verification of employment if the care provider did not work for IHSS in Fresno
- Verification of current employment status
- Verification of wages or employment status pertaining to a specific IHSS recipient
- Additional dates or any other information
If this information is needed for your Eligibility Worker/Job Specialist (EW/JS) to verify income or employment for CalWORKs/CalFresh/General Relief or Welfare to Work, please contact your EW/JS to obtain the required form.
Submit by mail to:
PO Box 1912
Fresno, CA. 93718-9888
Submit by fax to:
Submit by Email to:
Call the IHSS Public Authority Provider & Recipient Call Center
(PARCC) at: (559) 600-6666 option 4