Did you know that Fresno County IHSS has simplified the process of enrolling as a Care Provider? You can now Register to Enroll as a Care Provider online!
Using your home computer, smartphone, or tablet, you can complete all of the required enrollment forms, watch the required orientation videos, and schedule your quick, drive-through appointment to provide your ID and Social Security cards to be uploaded into the computer system! This new, streamlined process allows Care Providers to complete the enrollment and orientation more quickly and in fewer steps!
No more in-person Orientation Classes to attend!
No more waiting on the phone to schedule or reschedule an orientation!
Sign enrollment documents and provide your ID cards while remaining safely in your car!
Registering online is convenient, simple and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
We know that your time is valuable, and we are committed to meet your enrollment needs quickly and seamlessly during this challenging time.
State laws require that all IHSS providers go through an enrollment process and pass a background check before they are eligible to be paid by the IHSS program. To enroll as an IHSS care provider, you must complete these steps:
Step 1: Begin the Online Enrollment Process
- Go on-line by selecting Continue To Enrollment.
- Watch the mandatory videos.
- Review the required documents.
- Schedule your Drive-Through Appointment.
- If you already know who you will be caring for, you can download the SOC 426a now to be returned at your in-person appointment. This can also be done later, if you don't yet know who your recipient will be.
Step 2: Attend your Scheduled Drive-Through Appointment
At your quick, drive-through appointment, you will:
- Remain safely in your car while our staff assists you.
- Provide current valid drivers license or another US government issues photo ID.
- Provide Social Security Card (note that your name on both ID's must match signed Enrollment Documents).
- Sign documents indicating that you understood the orientation videos.
- Receive an application for a Department of Justice (DOJ) Criminal Background Check (Live Scan form).
Step 3: Complete and Pass your Background Check
- Take the Live Scan form to an approved location to submit your fingerprints.
- Ensure that you contact the agency to confirm availability & pricing.
- Keep the completed copy of the Live Scan form and your receipt for your own records.
- Please keep in mind that the cost of fingerprinting is the Care Provider's responsibility.
Step 4: Become an Eligible Care Provider
- After we receive notification that you have passed the Background Check, you will be eligible to provide services to an IHSS Recipient!
- If you have not already done so, download the SOC 426a and have your IHSS Recipient sign it. This can also be done later, if you don't yet know who your recipient will be.
Step 5: Receive your Welcome Packet
- Once we receive your SOC 426a, you will be linked to the IHSS Recipient's case you will receive a Welcome Packet via USPS.
- Download W-4/DE-4 and return to IHSS Payroll Management Unit in West Sacramento for Processing.
- Enroll in the Electronic Services Portal (ESP) to complete and submit your timesheets.
Please note that upon enrollment, your contact information will be shared with SEIU Local 2015 - Union for California’s Long Term Caregivers.
Are you an Eligible Care Provider & don't have a recipient to care for?