Thank you for your interest in becoming a Fresno County IHSS Registry Provider! The Provider Registry is only open to new applicants on the first Wednesday of every month and there are a limited amount of names taken for the waitlist. The Public Authority will not accept walk-ins to become a new applicant. You must call the Provider & Recipient Call Center (PARCC) at (559) 600-6666 option 4 and you must speak live with a staff member to be placed on the waitlist.
Please be Advised:
Due to the New Year Holiday, we will be taking names to be placed on our waitlist
Thursday, January 2nd, 2020
Steps to becoming an IHSS Registry Provider
- Call PARCC at (559) 600-6666 option 4 on the first Wednesday of the month. Staff will take your name, phone number and address. At that time you will be placed on the list to be scheduled for the Application Workshop at the Public Authority. You will receive an Application Workshop Letter within two (2) weeks.
- You will be required to bring the following to your Application Workshop:
- Three (3) letters of reference. The letters of reference must include the referring person's name and telephone number, their relationship to you (cannot be your relative), how long the person has known you, a few brief sentences about your character, the signature of the referring person and date.
- Your original and valid photo ID (no photocopies will be accepted)
- Your original Social Security Card (no photocopies will be accepted)
- Your Application Workshop Invite Letter
- At the Application Workshop you will complete and submit your application to become an IHSS Registry Provider.
- Once your application has been reviewed, the Public Authority will mail you the fingerprint referral form. Fingerprinting is completed at a Live Scan location and this information is included with your fingerprint form. All potential Providers are required to pay all fees associated with their fingerprints. Fingerprint results are obtained from the California Department of Justice (DOJ).
- After completing and clearing your fingerprints, you will be scheduled for the Provider Registry Introduction. The purpose of this class is to teach you the policies and procedures of being a Registry Provider, learn about In-Home Supportive Services, how to complete your timesheets and mandated reporting.
- After attending your Provider Registry Introduction class, you will be scheduled to complete a mandatory CPR and First Aid Course before you are placed in the Provider Registry. CPR and First Aid class are conducted free-of-charge at Blue Ocean Safety and are only offered to Registry Providers.
The entire process to become a Registry Provider can take up to eight (8) weeks. If the process is not completed within sixty (60) days you will need to reapply to become an IHSS Registry Provider.