EVV & ESP Information Sessions
The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) is teaming up with the Fresno County IHSS & Public Authority to provide Information Sessions for the public. Recipients and providers who need additional information or in-person assistance may register on Eventbrite for an Information Session. There will be 3 sessions on each date listed on Eventbrite. Attendance is not mandatory!
NOTE: Information sessions previously scheduled for March 18th and March 19th are CANCELLED. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Self-Help for Walk-Ins
These additional opportunities for in-person assistance that were scheduled for Monday or Wednesday mornings in March and April have also been CANCELLED and may be rescheduled at a future date.
Timesheet Changes Notice
Recipients and providers who still use paper timesheets may continue to do so through April.
Beware of flyers or offers from individuals offering to assist you with IHSS timesheets or registration for the Electronic Services Portal (ESP)! Fresno County IHSS, the Public Authority and SEIU 2015 do not charge for helping anyone fill out timesheets or for ESP registrations. All flyers issued by Fresno County IHSS, the Public Authority or SEIU 2015 will have appropriate logos or seals.
Please call IHSS at (559) 600-6666 if you receive a flyer that may be suspicious. Do not share your personal information with unauthorized individuals, including your name, date of birth, home address, phone number, Social Security number or IHSS case number.
How Do I Get an Email Account?
Some cable and cell service carriers may also have email services, but if you change carriers, that email account may no longer be accessible after you leave that service plan and you could miss out on notifications from the ESP. There are several entities that offer free email services, such as Google, and would not be impacted if you change service carriers for cable, phone or internet.
What is Electronic Visit Verification:
EVV is a federal law that requires CDSS to electronically collect information about when and where IHSS and/or WPCS services are performed for you. Once EVV is implemented, your provider will be required to include the following new information, in addition to the hours they worked, when they submit their timesheets:
- Start Time - The time your provider did the first IHSS/WPCS service for you that day,
- End Time - The time your provider did the last IHSS/WPCS service for you that day, and,
- Location - Where the services were performed that day, in your home, in the community (anywhere other than your home), or both.
CDSS continues to provide more information regarding EVV through mailers and is now hosting webinars for recipients and providers!
What this means to you as a recipient:
EVV will not change the amount of service hours you receive, or how those services are performed.
EVV will replace the current paper timesheet process in your county and you will be required to approve your provider’s timesheet in a different way. You will have two options to approve timesheets
- You can use the existing Electronic Services Portal (ESP) at www.etimesheets.ihss.ca.gov. The ESP is an online website you can use with any device that accesses the internet, including smartphones, tablets, laptops and computers. On the ESP website you can approve IHSS/WPCS timesheets electronically, fast and easy.
- If you do not have access to the internet you can approve timesheets using the Telephone Timesheet System (TTS). TTS is an automated telephone system that allows you to approve your provider’s IHSS/WPCS timesheets using a land-line or mobile telephone.
If you already use the ESP or TTS to approve your provider’s timesheets nothing will change for you.
You will continue to do so with one small change, you will now be able to view or listen to the new EVV information (Service Start time, End time and Location) along with the information you are already approving. There is no new enrollment required!
More information will be added as it is released by CDSS.
Learn more about the ESP on the Timesheet Options page