EVV & ESP Information Sessions now available on Eventbrite!
The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) is teaming up with the Fresno County IHSS & Public Authority to provide Information Sessions for the public. Recipients and providers who need additional information or in-person assistance may register on Eventbrite for an Information Session. There will be 3 sessions on each date listed on Eventbrite. Attendance is not mandatory! http://evvinfofresnocounty.eventbrite.com/
Each person should bring the following to the Information Session:
- Smartphone, laptop/tablet or other electronic device
- Current email address and email password
- Provider Number or Recipient Case Number
- Last 4 digits of Social Security Number
Self-Help for Walk-Ins
For those that have watched the videos at home and would still like some help, there will be IHSS and Public Authority staff available to help you. All sessions will be at the Senior Resource Center, 2025 E Dakota Ave, in Fresno and no registration is needed.
Note: Flyers below have date/times for both the Information Sessions and Self-Help Walk-Ins schedules.
- Information Sessions & Self-Help for Walk-Ins Schedule (English)
- Information Sessions & Self-Help for Walk-Ins Schedule (Spanish)
Beware of flyers or offers from individuals offering to assist you with IHSS timesheets or registration for the Electronic Services Portal (ESP)! Fresno County IHSS, the Public Authority and SEIU 2015 do not charge for helping anyone fill out timesheets or for ESP registrations. All flyers issued by Fresno County IHSS, the Public Authority or SEIU 2015 will have appropriate logos or seals.
Please call IHSS at (559) 600-6666 if you receive a flyer that may be suspicious. Do not share your personal information with unauthorized individuals, including your name, date of birth, home address, phone number, Social Security number or IHSS case number.
How Do I Get an Email Account?
Some cable and cell service carriers may also have email services, but if you change carriers, that email account may no longer be accessible after you leave that service plan and you could miss out on notifications from the ESP. There are several entities that offer free email services, such as Google, and would not be impacted if you change service carriers for cable, phone or internet.
**No More Paper Timesheets after March 31, 2020**
Are you ready? Have you enrolled on the Electronic Services Portal (ESP)?
Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) will be going live in March and paper timesheets will not be available starting April 1, 2020. Providers must fill out and submit their timesheets on the ESP or Telephonic Timesheet System (TTS) for recipient approval. Recipients will review and approve timesheets through the ESP or by TTS! Read more about EVV and other news.
Online IHSS Referral for Application
Individuals interested in learning more about the IHSS program or that would like to refer themselves or make a referral on the behalf of someone else can now do so online! Complete the online referral for application and an IHSS Social Worker will call within 1-3 business days to complete an application by phone. **For Fresno County Residents Only**
Fresno County In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
The In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program arranges for and helps pay for services to enable elderly, blind or disabled persons to live safely and independently in their own homes. The Fresno County IHSS program is considered an alternative to out-of-home care, such as nursing homes or board and care facilities. The types of services that can be authorized through IHSS are chores and related services (such as housecleaning, meal preparation, laundry and grocery shopping), and personal care services (such as bowel and bladder care, bathing and paramedical services).
How the IHSS Program Works
- After you apply, a social worker will conduct a home visit to discuss your need for IHSS and determine if you are eligible.
- Based on your ability to safely perform certain tasks for yourself, the social worker will assess the types of services IHSS pays for, your level of need and the number of hours that will be authorized for each service.
- This assessment will include information given by you, if when necessary, your family, care givers, physician or other licensed health care professional.
- As part of the application process, you will have to provide IHSS with a Health Care Certification form completed by your physician.
- You will be notified if IHSS has been approved or denied. If denied, you will be notified of the reason for the denial. If approved, you will be notified of the services and number of hours per month that have been authorized to you.
- If you are approved for IHSS, you must hire someone (care provider) to perform the authorized services. You will be considered your care provider's employer and, it is your responsibility to hire, train, supervise and fire your care providers.
- If you are not able to locate a care provider on your own, Fresno County IHSS Public Authority (PA) can give you a list of eligible providers to interview. The PA also has social workers that can assist with the interview process.
- The IHSS programs has two pay periods a month, the 1st to 15th and 16th to the last day of the month. See Provider Payments for more information.
Be an IHSS Advisory Council Member!
The Fresno County IHSS Advisory Committee (IHSS AC) meets on a monthly basis and is dedicated to enhancing the lives of the blind, disabled, and aging community and those who provide for their care. The IHSS AC is a collaboration of the County of Fresno, community agencies and the public.
Preparing for Power Outages
In recent months, high winds and dry conditions in many areas have heighted fire risks causing your electric company to shut off power in many areas. The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) has created checklists of steps you can take prior to an outage to make sure both you and your provider are prepared.
- IHSS Recipients - Preparing for Power Outages
- Care Providers - Preparing for Power Outages
- Personal Emergency Information
If you have questions about the IHSS program, call us at (559) 600-6666 or send us an email.