Choinumni Park is located on the Kings River near Trimmer Springs on Pine Flat Road 31 miles east of Fresno. The park is 170 acres with a campground, fishing access, playground and a hiking trail.
Choinumni Park has two group picnic areas, picnic tables, BBQs, campsites, including one group camping area and restrooms. Click to view Photo of new tables at group campground.
The park is named after the Choinumni Indian tribe and is pronounced Choy-num-nee.
- Summer Hours: April 1st - September 30th from 7 AM to 10 PM
- Winter Hours: October 1st - March 31st from 7 AM to 7 PM
Vehicle Entrance Fees
All vehicles must pay an entrance fee, even if the party has a camping reservation: Entrance fees at all developed Parks is $5 per vehicle.
Annual passes are available for $40 per year and can be purchased at Fresno County Resources Division: 2220 Tulare Street, 6th Floor, Fresno, CA 93721. Telephone (559) 600-3004
Camping Reservations and Rates
Please call Parks at (559) 600-3004 to make group campsite reservation or for more information. No reservations are needed for single campsites. All single campsites are first come, first serve:
Rates (Effective 5/18/2015)
- $25 per night per single campsite (price includes 1st vehicle entry fee)
- $9 per night for seniors (age 62 and over, ID required, price includes 1st vehicle entry fee)
- $11 per night for Disabled Veterans (valid ID, adjudication letter, Dept. of Defense Form 214 required, price includes 1st vehicle entry fee)
- $200 per night for group campsite with a 10 vehicle minimum (Plus $100 refundable cleaning deposit)
Rules, Regulations and Permits
Information on bounce houses, alcohol, and pets.
|Campfire Permits Required|
Directions: Choinumni Park is 33 miles east of Fresno on Pine Flat Road. Take Highway 180 east from downtown Fresno (Ventura Street) 17.5 miles to Piedra Road, turn left on Piedra Road and drive 8.2 miles to Trimmer Springs Road. Turn right on Trimmer Springs Road and drive one mile to Pine Flat Road. Turn right on Pine Flate Road for 100 yards to the entrance.
Address: 26501 Pine Flat Road Piedra, CA 93649
Choinumni Park was purchased by Fresno County in 1971 with acquisition and development funds from the 1964 State Park Bond Act and Federal Land and Water Conservation Act.
County of Fresno
2220 Tulare Street, 6th Floor, Fresno, CA 93721
Tel: (559) 600-3004
FAX: (559) 600-4552