Dr. Ken Bird's To Your Health letters:
Visit the electronic archive of To Your Health Letters below to view past letters or email us to sign up to receive letters directly to your email. If you need help accessing the archive, contact Public Health Communication at (559) 600-3200.
A Healthy Fresno County, can only be built and maintained with each pillar sharing the weight of that structure. Learn more about the Eight Pillars of Public Health below.
A pillar is "a person or thing regarded as reliably providing essential support for something". In Fresno County, the public health, that is, the opportunity for each and every one of us to live to our full potential of health and well-being, rests firmly atop eight such pillars. Each of these pillars is essential to the structure of public health, and all must be themselves intact, and perfectly aligned with each other. Learn more about these Eight Pillars of Public Health and how health and wellness is constructed around them in Fresno County.
I would like to hear from you. What does a Healthy Fresno County look like to you? Email me at ToYourHealth@co.fresno.ca.us.
Here's to your health!
Dr. Ken Bird
Archive of To Your Health Letters:
- TYH- The Individual Pillar- FINAL 6.25.19
- TYH- Home Visitation: An Essential Driver of Health and Well-being- FINAL 11.30.17
- TYH - What You Need to Know About Hepatitis A- FINAL 11.13.17
- TYH- Whooping Cough- FINAL 10.5.17
- TYH- Beware the Fungus Among Us- FINAL 8.15.17
- TYH- The Public Health Aspects of Food Deserts- FINAL 7.20.17
- TYH- Preparing for Disaster- FINAL 6.28.17
- TYH- The MAP to Well-Being in Fresno County- FINAL 5.4.17
- TYH- Why We Need Eight Pillars of Public Health- FINAL 3.28.17
- TYH- Harm Reduction-Fresno Needle Exchange- FINAL 2.2.17
- TYH - Climate Change and Our Health- FINAL 12.21.16
- TYH - Legionnaires' Disease - Responding to an Emerging Infectious Disease- FINAL 11.17.16
- TYH- ACEs and Public Health- FINAL 9.27.16
- TYH- What's a Zoonosis- FINAL 8.22.16
- TYH- Addressing the Opioid Overdose Epidemic- FINAL 7.6.16
- TYH- Hepatitis C A Slow Silent Killer- FINAL 6.17.16
- TYH- Health Illiteracy and Provider Shortage in Fresno County- FINAL 5.9.16
- TYH- Syphilis in Fresno County- FINAL 3.29.16
- TYH- Poison Prevention FINAL 3.18.16
- TYH- The Public Health Aspects of Dental Care- FINAL 3.1.16