Our Location: 1221 Fulton Street, 3rd Floor
PO Box 11867, Fresno CA 93775-1867
Phone: (559) 600-3357 Fax: (559) 600-7629
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
(Closed 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm)
Our district inspectors investigate complaints related to flies, cockroaches, rats and mice. These "vectors" create public nuisances and may transmit diseases. Many of these complaints are related to substandard housing conditions in the unincorporated areas of Fresno County. Handouts pertaining to the elimination of these vectors are available from our office. For more information or to make a complaint, contact staff at (559) 600-3357.
General disease information about bed bugs, Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, head lice, Lyme disease, mosquito-borne diseases, swimmer's itch, tick-borne diseases, and West Nile virus can be found at the Vector-Borne Disease Section (VBDS) of the California Department of Public Health.
General and technical information about Hantavirus can be found at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), National Center for Infectious Diseases website. For information about rodent control and signs of rodent infestations, continue to the Special Pathogens Branch.
- Bed Bugs Fact Sheet (Vector-Borne Disease Section (VBDS) California Department of Public Health)
- Bed Bugs Brochure (Vector-Borne Disease Section (VBDS) California Department of Public Health)
- Integrated Pest Management In and Around the Home (Produced by UC Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program University of California, Davis)
Additional information on mosquitoes and mosquito control in Fresno County can be obtained from the following agencies:
- Fresno Mosquito and Vector Control District
- Consolidated Mosquito Abatement District
- Fresno Westside Mosquito Abatement District
- California Emerging Infections Program
- West Nile Virus link to Fresno County Community Health Division
- DHS - West Nile Virus link to California Department of Health Services
- Mosquito and Vector Control Association of California
- CDC - West Nile Virus Homepage - Fight The Bite!
- CDFA - Equine West Nile Virus Disease Information
- California Vectorborne Disease Surveillance System link to UC Davis
- Guidelines For Dead Bird Disposal - West Nile Virus
- Infectious Diseases Branch
- Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases