To protect the health and safety of the public and staff, the Environmental Health counter on the 3rd floor of the Public Health Department building located at 1221 Fulton Street will be closed to the public effective April 1, 2020. The closure will be in effect until further notice.
- For appointments regarding UST Monitoring Certifications or construction inspections, please contact our office at: (559) 600-3271 and ask to speak to the HazMat Specialist of the Day or a UST inspector. All other CUPA Program inspections are suspended at this time.
- For fee payments, payments can be made online at: https://heartlandpaymentservices.net/PaymentPortal/FresnoCoDPHEH/Bills or by phone (559) 600-3271. Only debit, credit or e-check are accepted at this time and please have your FA # available.
- For UST plan checks, please submit plans electronically to: HazMatCUPA@fresnocountyca.gov or by mail. Plans can also be dropped off at our 1st floor information desk.
Safety is Our #1 Objective
Protecting the public from hazardous materials accidents is our responsibility. Part of that mission is to ensure that first responders are trained and prepared for any emergency involving hazardous materials. We perform this vital service in several ways:
We conduct inspections at local businesses that handle hazardous materials to prevent spills and accidental releases.
We help business owners and managers find ways to comply with environmental safety laws and regulations.
We provide helpful compliance inspections, guidance, and education to protect employees, the public, and the environment.
We train and collaborate with first responder agencies by providing technical assistance and information regarding statewide standards.
A Unified Program is Better for Business
Achieving compliance saves businesses time and money. We are a single point of contact for businesses to address inspection, permitting, billing, and enforcement issues. The HazMat Compliance Program oversees six state-mandated programs in Fresno County:
- Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP)
- California Accidental Release Program (CalARP)
- Underground Storage Tank Program (UST)
- Aboveground Storage Tank Program (APSA)
- Hazardous Waste Generator Program
- Tiered Permitting Program
Every county must have a unified program, also referred to as a CUPA [Certified Unified Program Agency], and the HazMat Compliance Program is Fresno County’s designated CUPA. To prevent costly releases and spills that could endanger the community and damage the environment, we’ve implemented a unified hazardous materials and hazardous waste management regulatory program.
Contact us today to learn the many ways we can help your business.
Phone: (559) 600-3271