Public Health Notice
Click On Any Of The Topics Below For More Information About The Body Art Program
- Body Art Flyer
- AB 300 Safe Body Art Act Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Body Art Practitioner Requirements
- Body Art Facility Permit Information and Requirements
- Opening or Remodeling a Body Art Facility (Plan Check)
- Temporary Body Art Events
- AB 1168 (2014) Revisions of Safe Body Art Act
The Body Art Program is responsible for regulating the operation of tattoo, permanent cosmetics, body piercing and branding facilities and practitioners in Fresno County. Body Art Program activities include:
- Permitting and inspecting body art facilities including tattoo, permanent cosmetics, body piercing and branding facilities, mobile body art vehicles, and special events.
- Registering body art practitioners including tattoo artists, body piercers, and permanent cosmetic artists.
Review of construction plans and inspections of new and remodeled body art facilities.
- Investigation of complaints regarding violations of the California Health and Safety Code including unsanitary conditions.
Staff will conduct annual inspections. The purpose of these inspections is to ensure that the facilities are operating in compliance with the standards set forth in the California Health and Safety Code for the protection of the public health and safety.
Fresno County Environmental Health Division's inspection reports will be available on-line at www.fresnohealthinspections.org.
The California Safe Body Art Act is an excerpt from the California Health and Safety Code that specifies the regulations and standards that must be met by body art facilities and body art practitioners.
Location: 1221 Fulton Street, 3rd Floor
Mailing Address: PO Box 11867, Fresno CA 93775-1867
Phone: (559) 600-3357
Fax: (559) 455-4646
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
(Closed 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm)