Our Location: 1221 Fulton Street, First Floor
P O Box 11867, Fresno CA 93775-1867
Phone: (559) 600-3434 Fax: (559) 600-7601
By Appointment Only: Bi-Weekly on Fridays 8:00am - 11:30pm and 1:00pm - 3:30pm
On September 9, 2008, the Fresno County Board of Supervisors approved implementation of the Medicinal Marijuana Identification Card Program (MMIC) by the Fresno County Department of Public Health. The purpose of this program is to verify those patients and caregivers that have authorization to possess, grow, transport, and/or use medicinal marijuana in California.
This program allows qualified patients to apply for and receive identification cards for themselves and their primary caregiver through their county of residence. Patients diagnosed with a “serious medical condition” for which the use of medical marijuana is appropriate may apply for the MMIC.
Patients applying for this program have to ensure that they meet the following criteria before beginning the application process:
- Residency - must be a resident of the county where applying
- Proof of identity - must bring proof-of-identity such as CA driver’s license or CA identification card
- Physician’s recommendation - must have a “Written Documentation of Patients’ Medical Records” form completed by the physician stating the serious medical condition and that the medical use of marijuana is appropriate
- Photograph - county program will take a digital photo of patient and primary caregiver to appear on the medical marijuana identification card
- Fees - application fees must be paid when submitting the application.
The MMIC will serve clients by appointment only, 8:00am - 11:30pm and 1:00pm - 3:30pm bi-weekly
on Fridays in the first floor clinic area of the Fresno County Department of Public Health located at 1221 Fulton Mall. The annual fee for the card is $49.00 for Medi-Cal recipients and $107.00 for non Medi-Cal clients. Applications, Physician forms, and additional program information are available at the Health Department and on this web site.
For additional information or to make an appointment, contact the Fresno County Department of Public Health’s Community Health Division at 559-600-3434.
For more information regarding this program, visit the California Department of Public Health website.