1221 Fulton Street, 1st Floor
Phone: (559) 600-3413 Fax: (559) 600-7602
PO Box 11867, Fresno CA 93775-1867
Clinic Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
(Closed 12:00p - 1:00p)
For medical providers:
Targeted Testing and Treatment of Latent Tuberculosis Infection in Adults and Children
CMR Form (use only to report Tuberculosis)
Reporting all patients with confirmed or suspected tuberculosis is mandated by California Health and Safety Code, Division 4, Chapter 5, and Administrative Code Title 17, Chapter 4, Section 2500. All health care providers, health facilities, and clinics attending a patient with confirmed or suspected active tuberculosis must report these findings to the local Health Officer, or his/her designee, within one working day.
Definition of Suspected Tuberculosis
A suspected case of tuberculosis can be defined as any person who, based on clinical or epidemiological evidence, has a reasonable likelihood of having active tuberculosis whether started on antitubercular therapy or not. These persons must be reported to the Department of Public Health within one working day of suspicion. Examples of suspected cases include:
- Any person with clinical or laboratory evidence consistent with active tuberculosis, even if the diagnostic evaluation is incomplete or culture results pending.
- Any person who has been started on anti-tuberculosis therapy for suspicion of active tuberculosis.
- Any person with findings consistent with active tuberculosis, unless other clinical evidence make a diagnosis of tuberculosis unlikely.
How to Report
Complete the CMR Form (use only to report Tuberculosis) and notify the Department of Public Health:
- By Phone: Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm, call the Chest Clinic at 600-3413.
- After hours, and weekends, call the next business day.
- Fax Chest Clinic: 600-3598 (Monday - Friday)