1221 Fulton Street, 1st Floor
Phone: (559) 600-3413 Fax: (559) 600-7602
PO Box 11867, Fresno CA 93775-1867
Clinic Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
(Closed 12:00p - 1:00p)
- To eliminate TB by initiating prompt treatment and ensuring completion of effective therapy to cure disease.
- To reduce further transmission through timely case finding and contact follow-up. To prevent the development of drug-resistance TB.
The goal of the Department of Public Health is to eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) among the residents of Fresno County. To achieve this goal, the following objectives have been adopted:
- Provide consultation and oversight for the TB control activities of local facilities and practitioners, and ensure that these efforts reflect current standards of care and public health practice.
- Conduct disease surveillance and investigate exposure case contact to prevent the spread of disease.
- Provide direct observed therapy (DOT) and other adherence promoting methods to ensure all patients with TB disease complete therapy.
- Provide TB patients case management, regardless of the patient's ability to pay, to initiate prompt treatment and ensure completion of effective therapy to cure disease, reduce transmission, and prevent the development of drug-resistant disease.
- Serve as an educational resource and consultant for health care providers and community on current TB treatment and control activities.
- To provide services to the community in a collaborative effort with private and managed care providers in order to control tuberculosis.