Proposition 47 changed many nonviolent felony offenses to misdemeanors, including most convictions for:
- Shoplifting under $950
- Forgery under $950
- Writing bad checks under $950
- Petty theft under $950
- Grand theft under $950 (Robbery includes the use of force or fear and does not qualify)
- Receiving stolen property valued under $950
- Simple drug possession (Possession for sale or transportation does not qualify)
- Auto theft of a vehicle valued under $950 at the time of theft
- Receipt of a stolen vehicle valued under $950 at the time of receipt
Individuals with prior convictions for certain serious offenses, including many sex offenses and murder, are not eligible under Proposition 47.
Deadline to file for Proposition 47: November 4, 2022
To apply for Proposition 47 assistance:
- Apply online through Clear My Record; or
- Download a Proposition 47 Intake Form and return to our office.
To apply for Proposition 47 directly:
- See Fresno Superior Court's Proposition 47 Information page.
For assistance with a Proposition 47 conviction outside of Fresno County