Family visits are encouraged in order to maintain and strengthen the youth’s relationship with the family.
The following may be placed upon the youth’s list of approved visitors and will be permitted to visit upon providing proper identification:
|Parents/Legal Guardians||Government Issued Picture Identification|
|Step Parent||Government Issued Picture Identification and County issued marriage certificate|
|Grandparents||Government Issued Picture Identification|
|Youth’s child||Birth Certificate certified copy or original|
|Youth’s spouse||Valid Marriage License and Government issued Picture Identification|
|Other visitors as approved by JJC Administration or Watch Commander||Government Issued Picture Identification|
- Visiting privileges may be suspended, for good cause, for any or all youth at the discretion of the Watch Commander, Program SJCO, or the facility Administration.
- Visitors under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be admitted. The smell of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances on the breath of visitors will be considered presumptive evidence of being under the influence of said substances.
- Visitors refusing to comply with established search, security and visiting procedures will not be admitted.
- Visitors attempting to bring contraband into the facility will not be admitted.
- The Watch Commander has the absolute responsibility for conducting visiting. In order to properly protect youth and visitors, facility security and the Watch Commander have the authority to modify, suspend, or make exception to any portion of the visiting policy, procedure, or rules.
Regular visiting will be held on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday by designated housing Pod. There will be no visiting on Wednesday and Thursday. See below for scheduled days and times for each pod.
Detention Housing Pods
|B-Pod:||Monday 3:30 - 4:30 PM||Tuesday 6:15 -7:15 PM||Saturday 1:30 - 2:30 PM|
|D-Pod||Tuesday 7:30 - 8:30 PM||Saturday 8:10 - 9:10 AM||Sunday 1:30 - 2:30 PM|
|E-Pod||Monday 7:30: - 8:30 PM||Tuesday 4:15 - 5:15 PM||Sunday 9:20 - 10:20 AM|
|F-Pod||Monday 4:45 - 5:45 PM||Saturday 10:30 - 11:30 AM||Sunday 10:30 -11:30 AM|
|G-Pod||Tuesday 3:00 - 4:00 PM||Saturday 9:20 - 10:20 AM||Sunday 8:10 - 9:10 AM|
|J-Pod||By appointment only, please call 600-5040 and ask for J-Pod.|
Commitment Housing Pods
|Pod 6A||Thursday 7:15 - 8:15 PM||Sunday 10:35 - 11:35 AM|
|Pod 6B||Thursday 6:00 - 7:00 PM||Sunday 9:25 - 10:25 AM|
|Pod 7A||Saturday 2:30 - 3:30 PM||Sunday 2:45 - 3:45 PM|
|Pod 7B||Friday 6:00 - 7:00 PM||Sunday 1:30 - 2:30 PM|
|Pod 8A||Friday 3:45 - 4-45 PM||Sunday 8:10 - 9:10 PM|
|Pod 9A||Friday 7:15 - 8:15 PM||Saturday 1:15 - 2:15 PM|
Special visits may occur as follows:
- Admission visit – Youth may have a visit with parents within 24 hours following admission into the facility
- Christmas Visit – All youth will be permitted to have family visiting at the discretion of JJC Administration
- Special Visits – The Director, Probation Services Manager/Assistant Director, Watch Commander, Program Supervising Juvenile Correctional Officer., Probation Officer, or Juvenile Court may authorize special visits for a youth. These visits may be authorized for cause when the best interests of the youth and the facility can be served by permitting such a visit.
- Regular family visits will be held in the respective visiting area of the Detention and Commitment facilities.
- Special visits will be held in the visiting area of the Detention and Commitment facilities.
- Restricted visits will be held in the non-contact visiting rooms
- No weapons are allowed in the Institution. Personal effects, including purses, pocket knives, nail files, nail clippers, cell phones, pens, pencils, etc. are not allowed.
- Visitors are required to present a Government issued picture identification when visiting.
- Visitors will be subject to metal detector screening.
- All visitors must dress appropriately.
- Youth are allowed a minimum of two (2) hours of visits per week.
- Lockers may be provided for individuals not having an alternative method of leaving property behind when visiting.
- Property for youth may be left on Monday from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. and Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Acceptable items plain writing paper, envelopes & stamps.
- Children are not to be left unattended in the waiting room, or outside the Institution.
- Visitors may purchase soft drinks and snacks from the canteen. No food or drinks may be brought into the Institution when visiting. Snacks and drinks must be consumed during visiting hours.
- For more information on articles which can be left at the institution for youth, please call (559) 600-4700.
- Only four (4) visitors per youth will be permitted at a time. Visitation will be denied to anyone who appears to be under the influence of an intoxicant.
- Visits may be shortened or terminated, for cause, by the Building Watch Commander.
- Visitors are expected to comply immediately, when asked to leave the building
The Juvenile Justice Campus is located at HWY 99 and American Ave..
3333 E. American Ave.
Fresno, CA. 93725 map