Master Student Internship Agreements
A Master Student Internship Agreement is a contract between Fresno County and a local school that allows the County to broaden its ability to acquire a diverse and innovative pool of intern candidates, while providing local college students opportunities for gaining valuable work experience and assisting them with fulfilling their academic requirements. These Agreements are only required for unpaid student internships, not paid student internships. Unpaid Internships provide students with training, educational benefits, and work experience in the student’s field of study, but without any compensation.
In order for the County to consider a student for an unpaid internship, the County must first have an approved Master Student Internship Agreement with the school in which the student attends before the internship can begin. The Master Student Internship Agreement, once it is reviewed by the County Counsel’s Office, must first be approved by the Fresno County Board of Supervisors and the school's appointing authority before any student of the school can begin interning.
Steps to begin the Master Student Internship Agreement process:
- A school may contact County Human Resources, Employment Division (559-600-1830) to inform the County that there is interest in establishing an Agreement with the County. The County also may reach out to local school to establish Agreements.
- County Human Resources will schedule an appointment with the school contact(s) to review and discuss the process of the internship program. Typically, a representative from the school’s Career Development department is present.
- The County, through the County Counsel’s Office, will draft a proposed Master Student Internship Agreement specifically tailored to the school of interest.
- The proposed Agreement will require review by each party’s counsel and risk personnel and may require multiple reviews and iterations by both parties before an Agreement can be reached.
- Once an Agreement is reached between both parties, the County will submit the Agreement to the County Board of Supervisors for final approval.
- When the Agreement has final approval, County Human Resources will inform the school of the approval.
- Students and schools may also contact the Human Resources, Employment Services Division to inquire about current and upcoming internship opportunities.
Educational Institutions with Internship Agreements
|Alliant International University||View Documents|
|CA Health Collaborative||View Documents|
|California Health Sciences University College of Pharmacy||View Documents|
|California State University Fresno||View Documents|
|Fresno County Superintendent of Schools||View Documents|
|Fresno Pacific University||View Documents|
|Fresno Unified School District||View Documents|
|Regents of the University of California-Fresno Medical Education Program||View Documents|
|Saint Agnes Medical Center||View Documents|
|San Joaquin Valley College||View Documents|
|State Center Community College (Fresno City College)||View Documents|
|Valley Children's Hospital||View Documents|
|West Hills Community College District||View Documents|