Anthem Blue Cross EPO
EPOs, or Exclusive Provider Organizations, are copay based and only cover services performed solely by providers within their network (with the exception of emergency services). On this plan, you may self-refer to in-network specialists.
- Medical and mental health coverage is through Anthem Blue Cross.
- Prescription coverage is through EmpiRx.
- Vision coverage is through the Vision Service Plan (VSP).
Is Your Doctor In the Anthem Network?
Visit Anthem’s Website today and follow this pathway:
- Providers > Provider Resources > Find a Doctor
- From here, you can search as member or search as guest.
- How do you get insurance? Through my employer
- What state do you want to search in? Choose the State
- What type of care are you searching for? Medical
- Select a plan/network: EPO (it should be about 6 down on the list)
- Finally, use the search engine to look for your doctor!
This plan uses a provider network. You may only access services from providers who are in the EPO network (this excludes emergency services - please review the Evidence of Coverage for details). For a complete list of providers, including specialists and behavioral health providers, please visit the Anthem Blue Cross website at www.anthem.com/ca. The guide above is provided to help with website navigation.
- You do not need to select a primary care physician.
- You may access services with any provider, as long as the provider is within the EPO network.
- You do not need a referral to see a specialist, as long as the specialist is within the EPO network.
- Behavioral Health Providers:
- You may self-refer to a behavioral health provider, as long as the provider is within the EPO network.
Print a Temporary ID Card
- Visit Anthem's website at www.anthem.com/ca and login.
- If this is the first time logging in, you will need to register first. Use your social security number as your member ID.
- Once you have logged in, go to Customer Support and select the "Print Temporary ID Card" option.
Deductibles & Copays:
- There is no deductible for this plan.
- Your office visit copay is $15.
- Deductibles and copays are waived if accessing preventive care services.
Anthem Blue Cross 24/7 Nurseline
Phone: (800) 224 - 0336
TTY: (800) 368 - 4424
Anthem Blue Cross members also have access to LiveHealth Online, a website and smartphone application that allows users to video conference doctor's visits without the hassle of going to the doctor's office.
For more information visit LiveHealth Online's website: LiveHealth Online.
|LiveHealth Online Copay Cost For Anthem Plans|
|Anthem Blue Cross Plan||LiveHealth Online Copay|
|*The deductible is waived in these circumstances.|
Anthem Blue Cross Member Services
Phone: (800) 967 - 3015
Vision Service Plan (VSP) Member Services
Phone: (800) 877 - 7195
EmpiRx Prescriptions Member Services
Phone: (877) 262 - 7435
Human Resources - Employee Benefits Division
Phone: (559) 600 - 1810
Fax: (559) 455 - 4787
Address*: 2220 Tulare St., Suite 1400, Fresno, CA 93721
*Please note that Employee Benefits is not responsible for any lost or stolen mail, nor mail received after the deadline. All paperwork and supporting documentation must be received by the Employee Benefits office prior to any deadlines.