Our mission is to investigate and where appropriate, prosecute, those public officials or public employees who commit crimes relating to their official duties, including but not limited to violations of the Brown Act, Elections Code or Political Reform Act. Our Unit is intended as an adjunct to, but not to duplicate or interfere with, the work of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
If you believe that you have information that a public official or employee has committed a crime related to their public duties, please forward that information as follows:
Public Integrity Unit
2220 Tulare St., Ste. 1000
Fresno, CA 93721
Fax: (559) 600-4401
In submitting this information, please be aware of the following:
- All complaints must be in writing (mail, fax or email);
- The complaint must allege a crime;
- The subject of the complaint must be a public official or employee;
- The complaint must provide sufficient evidence to justify further investigation;
- The complainant must disclose if the complaint has been referred to other offices whether federal, state or local;
- The complainant can be anonymous.
The kinds of cases that the Public Integrity Unit will investigate and potentially prosecute are listed below.
- Brown Act violations;
- Conflicts of interest;
- Election violations;
- Misappropriation of public funds;
- Residency issues for:
- false candidacy papers;
Any cases that, in the view of the District Attorney's Office, deals with the mission of the Public Integrity Unit.