|If any questions or concerns please call: (559) 600-VOTE or (559) 600-8683|
STUDENTS LEARN WHILE YOU EARN!!!
Learn while you earn with no homework involved or apply this experience towards your community service requirement.
The Fresno County Elections Office would love for you to be a part of our Election Day team!
Under the “Learn While You Earn” program, you can receive a stipend of $150 for assisting with and learning about the voting process on Election Day.
- At least 16 years old on Election Day
- U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident living in California (AB 817)
- A junior or senior in high school with a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must be able to speak, read, and write fluent English
- Attend a MANDATORY 2 ½ hour training class before each election
- Provide your own transportation to and from the polling location on Election Day
- Able to work all day on Election Day from 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Have a cell phone
- Application must be signed by the student, parent, and a teacher or counselor
- Set up, prepare, open and close the polling place location
- Locate voter names on a precinct roster
- Issue and receive official ballots to/from voters
- Assist voters in all phases of the voting process
- Perform all required duties as assigned by the Precinct Inspector or the Registrar of Voters
- BILINGUAL SPEAKERS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Fresno County has a significant need for Precinct Officers who are bilingual and speak fluently in one of the following languages: Spanish, Punjabi, Chinese, Khmer, Korean, Tagalog, Hmong, and Vietnamese.
TO PRINT YOUR STUDENT APPLICATION, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Email any additional questions you may have to PrecinctOfficers@co.fresno.ca.us.
You can also call us at (559) 600-1620 anytime Monday - Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.