|If any questions or concerns please call: (559) 600-VOTE or (559) 600-8683|
Language Accessibility Advisory Committee (LAAC)
Brandi L. Orth, Fresno County Clerk and Registrar of Voters, is seeking citizens interested in serving in a volunteer capacity on a Language Accessibility Advisory Committee in Fresno County.
- To establish a working relationship with members of the community.
- Provide individuals a forum to voice concerns and to make recommendations on ways to improve the electoral process for voters with limited English proficiency.
- Allow members of the community to advise and assist the Registrar of Voters regarding access to the electoral process for voters with limited English proficiency.
- Some experience working or volunteering with ethnically diverse and language diverse community.
- Experience with serving as a bilingual precinct officer or providing language assistance;
- In addition to English, fluent in the following languages: Spanish, Punjabi, Hmong, Chinese, Korean, Khmer, Vietnamese, or Tagalog;
- Understanding of voter outreach, education and engagement.
While the committee membership is limited, all meetings are open to the public. All interested voters, advocates, and organizations are welcome to attend and participate.
For additional information regarding the Fresno County LAAC, contact the Fresno County Elections office at (559) 600-3023 or email to email@example.com