Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


If any questions or concerns please call: (559) 600-VOTE or (559) 600-8683
To schedule an appointment, please click on the following button. Schedule Appointment

To practice social distancing and to protect the well being of our customers and filers, we are now taking appointments for some of the services that will offer.  This process is being taken to insure our customers gets the services they are looking for with zero or minimal wait time, while keeping occupancy load to our buildings to a minimal. 

To schedule an appoint, please click on the following button below.
Schedule Appointment

The Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) provides Campaign Disclosure Manuals for candidates and committees.  We strongly recommend you review these manuals and contact FPPC with any questions you may have regarding the schedule and filing forms.

Candidate Intention Statement Form 501

Form 501 allows a candidate to announce his/her intention to run for a particular office. File Form 501 before you solicit or receive any contributions or make expenditures from personal funds on behalf of your candidacy.

State of Organization Form 410

Form 410 must be filed within 10 days of receiving $2,000 or more in contributions, including money spent from personal funds by a candidate.  The original form must be filed with the Secretary of State, Political Reform Division.  Include a $50 payment made payable to the Secretary of State.  File a copy with your local filing officer.  Upon filing with the Secretary of State, you will receive a campaign committee number.

Officeholder and Candidate Campaign Statement Short Form 470

Form 470 is filed by officeholders and candidates who do not have a controlled committee, do not receive contributions totaling $2,000 or more during the calendar year, and do not plan on spending $2,000 or more during the calendar year.


Recipient Committee Campaign Statement Form 460

Form 460 is filed by recipient committees to report their expenditures and contributions.  This form can be used to file a pre-election statement, semi-annual statement, quarterly statement, termination statement, special odd-year report, or an amendment to a previously filed statement. 

To access all FPPC Forms, please visit FPPC Webpage.


The Political Reform Act of 1974 is the state law governing campaign finances and spending, lobbying, conflicts of interest, gift limits, and post-government employment restrictions. This Act requires all candidates for elective office, all elected officeholders, and all committees supporting or opposing candidates or measures to file campaign disclosure statements listing all the contributions received and expenditures made. The Political Reform Act of 1974 is administered and enforced by the California FPPC. If you have specific questions about the Political Reform Act, you should consult with the FPPC and your legal counsel.

Contribution limits for county offices and the Board of Supervisors are set by the County Election Campaign Ordinance


Filing deadlines in non-election years include a semi-annual and quarterly reporting period.  Filing deadlines in election years include the above, a 90-day 24-hour reporting period and two pre-election reporting periods for each election.

Local candidates and committees - file with the Fresno County Clerk’s Office.  Fresno County Campaign Ordinance Title 2, Chapter 2.62 requires elected officers, candidates, committees and controlled committees who have received contributions or make expenditures of $5,000 or more, to electronically file campaign statements using the Registrar of Voter’s online filing system.  Contact Fresno County Election’s Filing Officer at (559) 600-3044 for additional information.

City Candidates and Committees - file with your City Clerk.

State Candidates and Committees - file with the Secretary of State.

Federal Candidates and Committees – file with the Federal Elections Commission. 

To obtain a filing schedule, visit


Candidates running for state or local office are required to file a Form 700 Candidate Statement by the final date of the Nomination and Declaration of Candidacy filing period. 

Office Holders are required to file a Form 700 Annual Statement with the agency of their elected position.


The following Office Holders file a Form 700 Annual Statement with The County Clerk’s Office:

  • Members of the Board of Supervisors
  • Chief Administrative Officer
  • County Counsel
  • County Treasurer/Tax Collector
  • District Attorney

Visit to access a Form 700 and Form 700 Reference Pamphlet.

Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
Advice line: (866) 275-3772
Email your questions to FPPC: 

Secretary of State Political Reform Division
Main phone number: (916) 653-6224

Federal Elections Commission
Toll free number (800) 424-9530

Fresno County Clerk/Registrar of Voters
Main phone number: (559) 600-8683
FPPC Filing Officer: (559) 600-3044