Opening a Case

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

If you wish to open a case for establishment of parentage, establishment of child support, or enforcement of an existing court order, you will need to fill out some forms. You can call our office to have the forms sent to you through the mail. Our toll-free phone number is 1-866-901-3212. Our street address is on our Contacts page.

After completing the forms, bring them into the office along with any supporting documents you may have (see below) to go over them with a Child Support Officer. To help speed up the processing of your case, please try to provide our office with as much information as possible.

If you are receiving CalWORKs or Medi-Cal benefits, the Department of Child Support Services handles your case differently. Click here for more information.


  • A copy of your child(ren)'s birth certificate(s)
  • Verification of your child care expenditures
  • Voluntary Declaration of Parentage (if this form was signed at the time of birth)
  • Your last three paycheck stubs
  • A copy of last year's tax returns, State and Federal
  • Any existing or previous child support orders, and any subsequent modifications (if applicable)
  • A completed Support Payment Record, and any documentation about any outstanding balance 

Information About You

  • Your full legal name, address, and phone number
  • Any aliases or other names you may have used
  • Your birthdate and Social Security Number
  • Name, address, and phone number of your most recent employer
  • Your marriage license or certificate, if you have one with the other parent
  • Your divorce or separation certificate, if you have one with the other parent

Information About the Other Parent

  • Their full legal name, current address, and phone number
  • Name, address, and phone number of their current, or last known employer
  • Any aliases or other names they might have used, or are using
  • Their birthdate and Social Security Number (This may be found on old paycheck stubs or tax returns)
  • Names of friends they might associate with or organizations to which they might belong
  • Information about their assets and other income (pay slips, tax returns, bank accounts, cars, boats, RVs, investments, or property holdings)
  • A current physical description and/or photograph of the other parent

Frequently Asked Questionsquestion mark