Ombudsperson Program and Complaint Resolution Process

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Your Local Child Support Ombudsperson Program

  • Every local child support agency has an Ombudsperson available to provide assistance regarding complaint resolution or State Hearing.
  • The Ombudsperson can help you make your complaint with the local child support agency, or request a State Hearing from the State Hearing Office.
  • The Ombudsperson can help you obtain information regarding your complaint to help you prepare for your State Hearing.
  • IMPORTANT: The Ombudsperson cannot be your representative and will not give you legal advice.

Every Customer’s Right To Complaint Resolution

  • If you have a complaint against a local child support agency or the Franchise Tax Board for any action or inaction regarding your child support case, you have the right to request complaint resolution from the local child support agency.
  • You can make a complaint in writing by completing and submitting a complaint resolution form to your local child support agency or you can call the local child support agency directly. 
  • IMPORTANT: Your request for complaint resolution must be made within 90 days from the date you knew, or should have known, about the subject of your complaint.
  • The local child support agency has 30 days from the date it receives your complaint to give you a written resolution of your complaint. The local child support agency will contact you if it needs more information or time to resolve your complaint.

Please Note: You can request a State Hearing after you have gone through the Complaint Resolution process. See the State Hearing Fact Sheet for State Hearing process information.