TO OUR CUSTOMERS:
- Effective Monday March 16, 2020 our walk-in areas at our main office location and co-locate offices (Selma/Reedley/Jobs 2K) will be closed to the public through Friday, May 29, 2020.
- Customers are encouraged to conduct their Child Support related business using one of the following methods:
- Customers can call (866) 901-3212, or
- by using our online case service option, Customer Connect, which is the best option at this time. In Customer Connect, customers can send an electronic message to a worker and set-up text messaging options.
- Customers who normally make cash payments using the kiosk in our lobby are encouraged to use our PayNearMe service which is available at 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, CVS, and Ace Cash Express Stores. Customers will need a payment code, which they can get by calling (866) 901-3212.
- We appreciate your understanding during this time, and we hope that everyone stays healthy and safe.
If you receive your child support payments by paper check, please consider enrolling in Direct Deposit or Electronic Payment Card as mailrooms and post offices may be forced to delay deliveries. Visit the California State Disbursement Unit website and choose the "Custodial Parties" option.
California Child Support Services is now temporarily stopping the automatic placement of bank liens and suspension of drivers' licenses, effective on March 17, 2020. Please note there may be instances where actions were already in process and you will need to contact the agency handling your case. For more information regarding changes to our enforcement actions due to COVID-19, please review the attached flyers.
For daily updates, please visit the California Child Support Services website:
For more information regarding COVID-19, please visit:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
Fresno County Department of Public Health:
Information for the NCP
Are you a non-custodial parent? If you don't have physical custody of your children, you have an important role to play in the child support process. Read more.
The Support Process
If you need information about how to open a case, how the DCSS will enforce your support order, or what support you can get, read about the support process.
Contacting Our Office
You can now fill out an application for child support services online and submit it electronically. It is easy, safe, and no cost to you. No more printing, hand-writing the information, assembling and mailing the documents. If you would like to proceed and open a case, click here to complete an online application.
We administer and implement the Federal Child Support Program for the State of California in Fresno County by assisting families with establishing parentage and the establishment and enforcement of child support and medical support in an equitable, timely and courteous manner. By encouraging parents to provide for their children, we promote the financial, medical and emotional well being of children. In the process, we are committed to improving the performance of the Fresno County Child Support Program and increasing total collections annually.
Use the Arrears Estimator to see how fast you can pay off your child support arrears (i.e. “back–pay”) by paying a specific amount each and every month.