Consumer FAQ

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Who do I call to get mental health services?
Call the Fresno County Mental Health Plan access line at 1-800-654-3937.  This number is available twenty-four hours a day seven days a week.
Back to Top

How do I apply for Medi-Cal?
You must contact the Fresno County Department of Social Services at 1-855-832-8082. An eligibility worker will assist you with your eligibility questions.
Back to Top

How do I find out if my Medi-Cal has been approved?
You may contact the Fresno County Department of Social Services at 1-855-832-8082 for information on your Medi-Cal status. An eligibility worker will be able to assist you. You may also call their automated system at (559) 600-1377 for information 24/7.
Back to Top

How do I file a complaint?
Grievance forms are available at all service sites. You may fill out a grievance form and mail it to Managed Care, or call the MHP at 1-800- 654-3937.
Back to Top

What kind of services (treatment) can I get at Mental Health Plan?
A wide variety of services are available including, counseling, medication, and case management for adult, children and families. Call 1-800-654-3937 for referrals to specific services.
Back to Top

What is a State Fair Hearing?
It pertains to the Medi-Cal appeal process. If you feel that your Medi-Cal services have been reduced or denied, your may make a request by contacting the Department of Social Services Fair Hearing Division or complete the State Fair Hearing Form available at all service sites. Your complaint will be heard through an administrative law judge. You may also apply for a fair hearing if you feel you have been mistreated in any way or are not receiving the services you think you need.
Back to Top

What is Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS)?
TBS is a service for children and youth who are transitioning to a "lower" level of care, or who are needing support to stay at the level of care they are currently receiving. TBS provides individualized support to help children and youth through this transition. For more information call 1-800-654-3937.
Back to Top