The Fresno County Mental Health Plan (FCMHP) is dedicated to providing quality mental health services in an integrated system that values quality of life, compassion, and respect for both consumers and providers. In addition to the services provided by county staff, the Mental Health Plan has a network of private licensed mental health practitioners—Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Registered Nurses with a Masters Degree in Mental Health—who provide services to Fresno County’s Medi-Cal population, either as individual or group providers.
Licensed mental health practitioners who are interested in working with Medi-Cal consumers through the Fresno County Mental Health Plan will need to complete the following:
Individual/Group Provider Application
- (Fillable) Individual and Group Provider Credentialing Application
- Individual and Group Provider Credentialing Application
Organizational Provider (Licensed Staff, Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Programs) Application
- (Fillable) Organizational Provider (Licensed Staff) Credentialing Application
- Organizational Provider (Licensed Staff) Credentialing Application
Organizational Provider Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (MHRS) Application
- (Fillable) Organizational Provider (MHRS) Credentialing Application
- Organizational Provider (MHRS) Credentialing Application
Organizational Provider Non-Licensed Staff (Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Programs) Application
- (Fillable) Organizational Provider (Non-Licensed Staff) Application
- Organizational Provider (Non-Licensed Staff) Application
Providers may call Managed Care at (559) 600-4645 to ask about the application process or to request an application. Completed application forms must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Fresno County Mental Health Plan
P.O. Box 45003
Fresno, CA 93718-9886
Practitioners interested in contracting with the Fresno County Mental Health Plan must meet the credentialing requirements. Practitioners must also be willing to:
- Accept new clients;
- Work with client and family or significant other in a professional, collaborative, and culturally competent manner;
- Work cooperatively with the Mental Health Plan staff who authorize and reauthorize clinical services; and
- Cooperate with FCMHP staff during the site/facility review process.
Psychiatrists providing inpatient services must have admitting privileges at appropriate inpatient facilities, including attending Psychiatrists in Skilled Nursing Facilities, which are categorized as Institution(s) of Mental Diseases (IMD).
The expectations of the Mental Health Plan are discussed in the Provider Manual. If you are not able to download, view, or print a copy of this document, please contact the Mental Health Plan at (559) 600-4645 to request a copy.