In an effort to protect citizens and staff from the virus that causes COVID-19, our office is limiting public contact as much as possible and closing our offices to the public. Essential services will be by appointment only. Please call 559-600-7510 and select extension 6 to schedule an appointment for the following services:
- Pesticide Permits/OID-We will process in person new permits and renewals only, changes or additions to current permits can be done over the phone and by fax or email. NOI’s should be emailed/faxed.
- PCA, PCB, FLC registrations
- ACP citrus compliance agreements
- Industrial Hemp registrations for immediate planting only
- Certified Producers Certificates that need immediate renewal to sell at a market
We will be assisting customers as much as possible over the phone or through fax/email. Our staff will continue to issue phytosanitary certificates at packing sheds and conduct necessary inspections as well as respond to pesticide complaints. We will also be performing the behind the scenes work such as pest detection and exclusion activities, crop report, and certified seed activities.
1730 S. Maple Avenue Fresno, CA 93702
Phone: (559) 600-7510 Fax: (559) 455-2415
The Fresno County Department of Agriculture, under the direction of the California Department of Food and Agriculture, is responsible for conducting regulatory and service functions pertaining to the multi-billion dollar agricultural industry in Fresno County. These functions are mandated by state and federal laws and regulations and by local measures and ordinances by the Fresno County Board of Supervisors. Even though the enforcement of these laws and regulations is an important part of the Specialist's jobs, the primary purpose and objective of this Office is the promotion and protection of the county agricultural industry and the general public.
The Location to access the following services of the Fresno County Department of Agriculture:
- Pesticide Use Permits & Pesticide Related Issues
- Certified Producer's Certificates
Is Located At:
1720 S. Maple Ave.
Fresno, CA 93702
This location is just North of the Department of Agriculture's Main Office on Maple Avenue and is in the old Cooperative Extension Office, of which we have acquired and rehabilitated after the Farm Advisors relocated to their new office.
Those of you who, during your visits to the pesticide building, have navigated through the congestion and activities of the Fleet Services work area, will probably appreciate the ability to access this division directly from Maple Avenue.
Please contact the Fresno County Department of Agriculture at (559) 600-7510 and we would be happy to provide any additional information you may require.
Procedures for testing and sealing produce scales along with vapor, electric, and water meters have changed.
These devices should now be dropped off at the main office located at 1720 S. Maple Ave.
- Produce scales will be available for pick-up the next day.
- For vapor, electric, and water meters, weights and measure staff will call and make appointments for meter pick-up as required.
- On the Horizon - News from the Agriculture Commissioner/Sealer
- Farm Storage of Hazardous Material Exemption Form
- With the hot weather, bees need water to cool their beehives. Bees will use swimming pools or livestock water troughs as a source of water, and people/animals are being stung. Complaints for this should be directed to our Code Enforcement at 600-4550.
Pests Making News
Asian Citrus Psyllid
- What to Look For?
- ACP Press Release - Fresno
- ACP Press Release - Tulare
- ACP Quarantine Map (Fresno/Tulare)
- ACP Quarantine Map (Tulare)
- IPM Guide on ACP Management
For more information regarding ACP Quarantine requirements, please contact the CDFA ACP Project Office, which is located in the city of Visalia, CA. Their address is listed below for reference.
- 345 E. Tulare Ave, Suite M
Visalia, CA 93277
(559) 636-7410 - Phone
(559) 636-7446 - Fax
- Export Program Manual
- Animal/Plant Health Inspection Service
- Additional Agricultural Links
- California County Agricultural Commissioner Sites
- Citrus Pest & Disease Prevention Program
Exotic Pest Information
- Glassy-Winged Sharpshooter Information
- Pest Exclusion Advisory
- Information on Exotic Newcastle Disease
- Asian Citrus Psyllid
- Fish & Game - Petition to Amend Regs
- Fresno County Electronic Use Reporting
- Bait Sales
- Data Access Request
- Master Schedule of Fees
- Ag Jobs
- Beekeepers Swarm List
- Bee Swarm Video
- Citrus Bloom
- Petal Fall
- Interactive Bee Map for Fresno County ( For the most up to date information on beehive locations, please call our main office at 559-600-7510 )
- Curly Top Virus
- Tomato Spotted Wilt