Library Branches Closed through April 14
County Library Branches are Closing March 18 through April 14, 2020
At the recommendation of the Fresno County Department of Public Health and direction of the County Administrative Office to implement social distancing and help minimize risk of transmitting COVID-19 in our community, all branches of the Fresno County Public Library will close beginning March 18, 2020 through April 14, 2020. Closure dates are subject to change.
“The library appreciates all your understanding and patience as our community and our country works through these challenges. We are eager to resume the excellent services that you have come to expect from the library over the years, but the health and safety of our staff and the public is our top priority. We appreciate the CAO’s direction during these difficult times,” said County Librarian, Raman Bath.
During the Library closure:
- No fines or late fees will be assessed on any library materials.
- All due dates will be automatically extended through April 20, 2020.
- We ask that patrons not return any materials to the Library’s branches or bookdrops, which may be locked; Instead, simply hold on to any library materials until the Library opens for business.
- All holds will be suspended and will resume when the Library reopens.
- The Library’s WIFI will not be available.
- All programs, classes, and events are cancelled. This includes and scheduled meetings being held in library community rooms.
- Library eServices staff will be updating the website and ensuring online services and databases remain seamless.
The Library’s abundant online resources, including research databases, digital magazines and newspapers like The Fresno Bee, OverDrive eBooks and eAudiobooks, Kanopy streaming videos, and Freegal streaming music will continue to be available 24/7 with your library card from the Library’s website: www.fresnolibrary.org
For the time being, individual library branch phone lines, including the main 600-READ line, will not be answered by staff.
Please visit our website at www.fresnolibrary.org for updates.