Fresno Cradle to Career Partnership Presents 2016/17 Annual Report
|DATE: April 17, 2018||CONTACT: Jordan Scott, PIO
Ph: (559) 600-1224/Cell: (559) 666-0987
Fresno Cradle to Career Partnership Presents 2016/17 Annual Report, “A Vision Equal to the Challenge”, to Fresno County Board of Supervisors
FRESNO, CA – Today, the Fresno County Board of Supervisors received an update on the ongoing progress of the Fresno Cradle to Career Partnership (C2C), a community-based partnership working to strengthen education and community support systems and improve key educational and health outcomes for all children in Fresno County.
Linda Gleason, Executive Director of C2C, presented the organization’s Annual Report during the regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors. Superintendents from several County school districts and other C2C partners were also in attendance.
Among the information presented in the Annual Report were key takeaways including:
• 85 percent of jobs in today’s labor market require some kind of post-secondary credential
• California will need 1.1 million more workers with bachelor’s degrees by 2030
• In Fresno County, 60 percent of our children are not ready for kindergarten
• 8,944 third grade children (59%) are not reading at grade-level
• 10,288 eighth graders (71%) are not on grade-level in math
• A well-educated, 21st-century ready workforce is the key to prosperity in the Central Valley
Based on this information, C2C identified the following determinations and priorities:
• Earlier life outcomes affect later ones in a cumulative fashion.
• Need to apply interventions across the life course from early childhood to late adolescence.
• There are sensitive developmental periods for intervention in early childhood and adolescence.
• Need to build ladders to help kids get back on track and prevent them from getting off track.
The full report is attached to this email and may also be found online here - http://fresnoc2c.org/data/201617-annual-report/
C2C was established in 2016 to bring together a cross-sector group of institutional leaders to synchronize the community’s collective resources and strategize the improvement of policies and systems. Today the C2C Partnership Table has 64 members, including nearly every K-12 school district Superintendent in Fresno County along with leaders from early learning, post-secondary education, health, civic, justice, business, non-profit and philanthropic sectors.
Cradle to Career Partnership Presents 2016/17 Annual Report