Most Common Questions
- What is Medi-Cal?
- Who Can Get Medi-Cal?
- Where Do I Apply For Medi-Cal in Fresno County?
Other Health Care Programs
- What is the Medical Indigent Services Program?
- What is the Healthy Families Program?
- What Is the Access for Infants and Mothers (AIM) Program?
Medi-Cal is California's Medicaid health care program. This program pays for a variety of medical services for children and adults with limited income and resources.
Who Can Get Medi-Cal?
You may automatically be eligible for Medi-Cal if you receive cash assistance under one of the following programs:
- SSI/SSP (Supplemental Security Income/State Supplemental Program)
- CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids)
- Refugee Assistance
- Foster Care or Adoption Assistance Program
Even if you don't receive cash assistance, you may be eligible for Medi-Cal if you are one of the following:
- 65 or older
- Under 21
- Diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer
- In a skilled nursing or intermediate care facility
- Refugee status during a limited period of eligibility. Adult refugees may or may not be eligible depending upon how long they have been in the U.S.
- Parent or caretaker relative of a child under 21 and
- The child's parent is deceased or doesn't live with the child, or
- The child's parent is incapacitated, or
- The child's parent who is the primary wage earner is unemployed or underemployed.
Where Do I Apply For Medi-Cal in Fresno County?
Heritage Center: 3151 N. Millbrook, Fresno CA
Phone: (559) 600-4119
Coalinga Regional Center: 311 Coalinga Plaza Drive, Coalinga, CA
Phone: (559) 600-6300
Reedley Regional Center: 1680 E. Manning Ave., Reedley, CA
Phone: (559) 600-7580
Selma Regional Center: 3800 McCall, Selma, CA
Phone: (559) 600-5113
ABD Medi-Cal (for people over 65 or disabled)
Senior Resource Center: 2025 E. Dakota, 4th floor, Fresno CA
Service Center: 1-855-832-8082
What is the Medical Indigent Services Program?
For information about the Medical Indigent Services Program, please click here.
What is the Healthy Families Program?
Healthy Families Program is a low-cost health coverage program for children ages 0 through 18. There are different health plans for different areas.
To apply for this program, you may obtain a mail-in application by calling toll-free,
1 (888) 747-1222.
What Is the Access for Infants and Mothers (AIM) Program?
The Access for Infants and Mothers (AIM) program provides health care to uninsured pregnant women whose income is too high to qualify for no-cost Medi-Cal. To qualify for AIM, you must be less than 30 weeks pregnant when you apply. For more information and an application, call
1 (800) 433-2611.