The Probation Department's Volunteers in Probation Program recruits volunteers to work in each area of the Department. Volunteers are an integral part of the Probation Department and there are approximately 200 volunteers contributing time, talent, motivation and skills to complement, enhance, and enrich the services we provide. The volunteers are a diverse group of people and include students, retirees, religious groups, and caring and concerned individuals, as well as service groups.
To become a volunteer, an individual must be 18 years of age, pass a background investigation and clear a TB /test. If you are interested in volunteering you can fill out an Interest Card.
Current Volunteer Needs
- Interpreters - Spanish - Southeast Asian
- Mentors - role models for juveniles
- Office Assistants - filing - word processing
- Probation Aide Positions - assistance with casework, court monitor, drug testing,
- interviewing, and/or tutoring
- Victim/Witness Advocates - client support
- Assistants - to help Juvenile Justice Campus staff with program activities