Labor Relations is dedicated to providing a positive employer/employee work environment which is characterized by professionalism, open and trustworthy communication and quality customer service.
Labor Relations provides major services to County departments which include:
- Negotiating contracts with Unions/Associations that represent County employees.
- Interpreting employment contract language.
- Processing/Resolving formal employee grievances.
- Supporting department-level methods in resolving employee conflict.
- Interpreting Federal, State and Local labor laws, as well as County policies and procedures.
- Being a liaison to Unions/Associations on employee relations issues.
- Facilitating labor/management committees and other interest-based processes.
- Making decisions regarding employee representation and unit determination issues.
- Processing discrimination complaints and unfair labor practice charges.
Gilbert De La Torre, Human Resources Manager
16th Floor - Fresno County Plaza Building
(559) 455-4791 - Fax