Funds were granted from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, to the Fresno County District Attorney's Office to fund the Impaired Vertical Prosecution Program for the 2015 Federal fiscal year.
To prevent a DUI, you can take the following precautions:
- DO NOT drive while under the influence.
- Make a decision to drive responsibly.
- Make a decision NEVER to ride with anyone who has been drinking to the point of impairment.
- Designate a driver ahead of time. A designated driver is a non-drinking driver.
- Always buckle up. A safety belt is the best protection in a crash.
- Be a responsible drinker.
- Be a defensive, alert driver and report suspected DUI drivers to law enforcement.
- Take a cab, call a friend/relative or use public transportation.
- Support efforts to strengthen anti-DUI laws in our community.
A DUI can cost you approximately $7,000.
- Fresno County DA DUI Unit: (559) 600-3141
- Fresno Police Dept. DUI Unit: (559) 621-5050
- Central Valley MADD: (559) 785-2600
- CHP DUI Unit: (559) 441-5441
- Alcoholics Anonymous: (559) 221-6907
- Narcotics Anonymous: (559) 255-5881
- Addiction Intervention Resources: (888) 852-5869
- 50% of Americans will be involved in an alcohol-involved traffic collision in his/her lifetime.
- Nearly 23,000 people are killed every year in alcohol-related traffic collisions.
- One American life is lost every 22 minutes in an alcohol-related traffic collision.
- In California, the average alcohol-related fatality costs $3.8 million, including $1 million in monetary costs and $2.8 million in quality of life losses.
- A 12 oz. can of beer, a 5 oz. glass of wine, and a 1.5 oz. shot of liquor all have about the same amount of alcohol.
- An individual's critical driving skills can become impaired at blood alcohol levels well below the legal limit.