Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

If any questions or concerns please call: (559) 600-2575

Applying for a passport: 

  • You may apply in person for your passport at our office located at 2220 Tulare Street, County Plaza, 1st floor, Fresno, California.
  • Applications are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 3 pm, appointments are not accepted customers are taken on a first come, first serve basis.
  • You are required to have the following :
  1. Appropriate application completed in black ink.  Applications can be located at The Department of Stats website under Passport Forms.
  2. Evidence of your U.S. Citizenship (either a birth certificate or naturalization certificate) – you must present the original and one photo copy.
  3. Your valid identification (driver’s license, state ID card or military ID card) – you must present the original and one photo copy with front and back of the document on the same page.
  4. Appropriate fee payable to Department of State and a separate payment to County of Fresno. Please see Passport Fees.
  5. One passport photo taken by a facility specializing in passport photos.  Requirements for Passport Photos can be found at the Department of State's website. 
  6. You are required to provide your social security number on all applications. If you are a new U.S. Citizen, please visit the Social Security Administration office to update your information before applying for your passport.



  • Normal processing is 4-6 weeks. Expedited service is 2-3 weeks (additional fees apply)
  • A passport book is for international travel either by air, sea or land.
  • A passport card is for travel by those persons who live near the border and must drive back and forth frequently. The passport card cannot be used for international air travel.   
  • Minor applicants are those persons who are 0 to 15 years of age.  Minors needing a passport must have both parents present when applying. Minor’s passports are valid for 5 years.
  • Adult passports are valid for 10 years.
  • The Department of State fees may only be paid by check or money order.
  • The passport acceptance facility fee may be paid in cash, check, credit, debit etc.
  • We do not offer passport photo services
  • We do offer photocopy services for a minimal per copy fee.
  • Vital documents submitted at the time of your application acceptance will be returned to you by the Department of State.
  • Renewal of your adult passport can be done directly with the Department of State if the passport has not already expired.  Instructions can be found at the Department of State's website. All other renewals require you to visit an acceptance facility.