|If any questions or concerns please call: (559) 600-VOTE or (559) 600-8683|
FRESNO COUNTY NEEDS YOU & SO DOES YOUR COMMUNITY!
BECOME A PRECINCT OFFICER AND LEARN WHILE YOU EARN!
DOES THIS DESCRIBE YOU?
Are you civic minded?
Are you a natural leader?
Are you a problem solver?
Are you detailed oriented?
If you answered yes, please come and be a part of our Election Day team!!
Precinct Officers are the heart and soul of an election. We could not have successful elections if it wasn’t for the 2,200 dedicated Precinct Officers who help us conduct countywide elections in Fresno County.
- 18 years old and a registered voter in the State of California or a Lawful Permanent Resident living in California (AB817)
- Read, write and speak fluent English
- Attend a 2 ½ hour mandatory training for each election
- Have transportation to and from the polling location on Election Day
- Able to work on all day Election Day from 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Have a telephone
- Must be able to lift 10-25 lbs.
- Set up, prepare, open and close the polling place location
- Locate voter names on a roster that is preprinted for polling place
- Issue and receive official ballots to/from voters
- Assist voters in all phases of the voting process
- Perform all required duties as assigned by the Precinct Inspector or the Registrar of Voters
- BILINGUAL SPEAKERS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Fresno County has a significant need for Precinct Officers who are bilingual and speak fluent Chinese, Japanese, Khmer, Hindi, or Spanish.
TO APPLY TO BECOME A PRECINCT OFFICER PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Send any questions you may have to PrecinctOfficers@co.fresno.ca.us.
You can also call us @ (559) 600-1620.