Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


If any questions or concerns please call: (559) 600-VOTE or (559) 600-8683

FPPC provides Campaign Disclosure Manuals for candidates and committees.  We strongly recommend you reviewing these manuals and contact FPPC with any question you have regarding the filing of forms and different schedules.

Candidate Intention Statement Form 501

This form allows the candidate to announce his/her intention of running for a particular office.  Before you solicit or receive any contribution or make expenditures from personal funds on behalf of your candidacy, you must file Form 501. 

A separate campaign bank account must be established including campaigns that are self-funded by the candidate.  Exception: A bank account is not required if a candidate will not receive contributions or make personal expenditures of less than $2,000.  The filing and statement of qualifications are not included in calculating the $2,000.

State of Organization Form 410

The Form 410 must be filed within 10 days of receiving $2,000 in contributions.  You will file the original with the Secretary of State and a copy with your local filing officer.  When filing the Form 410, include a $50 payment made payable to the Secretary of State.  If your committee has not yet reached the $2,000 threshold, mark the “not yet qualified” box.  The $50 fee is requested at this time but is not legally required until the group qualifies as a committee. Once this is filed with the Secretary of State you will receive a campaign committee number.

Officeholder and Candidate Campaign Statement Short Form 470

Form 470 is filed by officeholders and candidates who do not have a controlled committee, do not receive contribution totaling $2,000 or more during the calendar year, and do not plan on spending $2,000 or more during the calendar year.


Recipient Committee Campaign Statement Form 460

Form 460 is filed by recipient committees to report their expenditures and contributions.  The Form 460 can be used to file a pre-election statement, semi-annual statement, quarterly statement, termination statement, special odd-year report, or an amendment to a previously filed statement. 

For a complete list of forms visit the FPPC Webpage.


The Political Reform Act of 1974 is the state law governing campaign finances and spending, lobbying, conflicts of interest, gift limits, and post-government employment restrictions.  As amended, it requires all candidates for elective office, all elected officeholders, and all committees supporting or opposing candidates or measures to file campaign disclosure statements listing contributions received and expenditures made. The Political Reform Act is administered and enforced by the California Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC).  If you have specific questions about the Political Reform Act, you should consult with FPPC and your legal counsel.

Contribution Limits for county offices and the Board of Supervisors are set by the County Election Campaign Ordinance

File with the Fresno County Registrar of Voters office if you are a candidate, committee, or board member of a Fire District, School District, Water District, Community Services District or County offices (i.e. Assessor, District Attorney). Candidates, officeholders and committees for City Office file with the appropriate City Clerk.  Candidates for State office file with the Secretary of State’s office. 

Every candidate and committee must be aware of the filing schedules associated with either their specific election or the semi-annual filing deadlines.  Missing a deadline can have serious consequences, penalties from $10 a day and possibly leading to FPPC enforcement action. 

Please click Local & State Filing Schedules if you are unsure of which filing schedule applies to you. 


Local candidates, committees to support or oppose candidates, and ballot measures must file financial reports regarding contributions received and expenditures made in accordance with the Political Reform Act of 1974.  Fresno County Registrar of Voters is pleased to offer a new online filing system for your campaign financial reports. Please go to the eCampaign webpage to electronically file your reports. Please see Fresno County Ordinance 2.62.037 for the filing requirements.

State candidates, state committees to support or oppose candidates and ballot measures please file with the Secretary of State Cal Access.  Federal filers file with the Federal Elections Commissions.


Pursuant to Government Code Section 87200-01, every candidate for an office specified below shall file by the final filing date of a declaration of candidacy, a statement disclosing their investments and their interest in real property, and income received during the immediately preceding 12 months. For more inclusive information on Form 700 Statement of Economic Interests please visit the FPPC webpage for the Reference Pamphlet.

County Offices - The following filers must file Form 700 annually with the Fresno County Clerk Registrar of Voters Department

  • Board of Supervisors
  • Chief Administrative Officer
  • District Attorney
  • County Counsel
  • County Treasurer
  • Planning Commissioners (including alternates)

City Offices – File with your City Clerk

  • City Council Members
  • Mayor
  • Planning Commissioners (including alternates)
  • City Manager
  • City Attorney
  • Chief Administrative Officer
  • City Treasurer (only forward the Finance Director’s Statement if your city does not have a treasurer)

Special Districts (i.e. School, Water, Fire, Community Service Districts)

  • Filing requirements for special districts, please visit the Board of Supervisors webpage to view the Conflict of Interest Code on where to file your Form 700 pertaining to your district. 


Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
Advice line: (866) 275-3772
Email your questions to FPPC: 

Secretary of State’s Political Reform Division
Phone number: (916) 653-6224

Federal Elections Commission
Toll free number (800) 424-9530

Fresno County Clerk/Registrar of Voters
Main Phone number: (559) 600-2575
FPPC Filing Officer: (559) 600-1620