Quality Improvement involves work across multiple systems and disciplines within a practice. The quality improvement (QI) team is a group of individuals within a practice charged with carrying out continuous improvement efforts to ensure policies and systems are in place to provide the highest quality services to our clients. The Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health QI team falls under the Technology & Quality Management Division.
The QI team meets regularly to review performance data, identify areas in need, enhancement or revision, and then carries out and monitors progress efforts. For these activities, the team uses a variety of approaches and tools, including the Plan Do Study Act (PDSA) cycle. Activities also include data collection and analysis, workflow mapping, assessments of current practice, revisions of policies and procedures, audits and feedback, benchmarking, and best practices research and implementation. QI works on systems and processes with the overall focus on enhancing the quality of the services we provide to all of our clients, improving services to Department of Behavioral Health Clients, Families, and Caregivers, in an efficient, effective and appropriate manner.
If you have ideas on how we can improve our service delivery, please do not hesitate to contact the Dept. of Behavioral Health QI team via e-mail: email@example.com or contact us via phone.
To create a sustainable, internally and externally responsible agency that can provide data driven feedback to the department to promote continuous quality improvement.
To Support This Mission, We Will
- Create relevant outcome measures and provide the data both clinically and administratively
- Create options in Avatar with data analysis in mind
- Roll out changes in Avatar to further automate our medical records
- Make quality-based decisions
- Bridge between clinical staff, administration, electronic medical records and outside responsibilities
CMS Special Terms and Conditions (STCs)
PLANS OF CORRECTIONS
- Rural Resource Guide
- Community Health & Wellness Meetings
- Adult Community Health & Wellness 2017 Calendar (Adult RAC)