General Information

Contact Dept

  • Phone:
    (559) 600-3141
  • Email:
  • Address:
    2220 Tulare St., Suite 1000
    Fresno, CA 93721
  • Email Department

Victim Resources

Crime Victims Assistance Center (559) 600-2822
California Victim Compensation & Government Claims Board (800) 777-9229
California Attorney General's Victim Services Unit (877) 433-9069
California Dept. of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Office of Victim & Survivor Rights & Services (877) 256-OVSS or
(877) 256-6877
Marjoree Mason Center (559) 233-HELP (4357)
Rape Counseling Services of Fresno (559) 222-7273
Rape, Abuse, Incest, National Network (800) 656-HOPE
California Partnership to End Domestic Violence  (800) 524-4765
Victims of Crime Resource Center, Pacific/McGeorge School of Law (800) 842-8467 or
National Center for Victims of Crime  (800) FYI-CALL or
(800) 394-2255
National Domestic Violence Hotline (800) 799-SAFE or
(800) 799-7233
Victim Information & Notification Everyday (VINE) (800) 491-5170
Jail Inmate Information (559) 488-3031
blue spacer

Victim/Witness Links

Victims' Rights
Victims' Bill of Rights
Victim Resources
Witness Information
Case Information
Criminal Procedure
Anatomy of a Trial
Tips on Testifying
Court Locations 

Useful Links
Attorney General
CA Courts Self-Help
State Bar Vicitm Information

Victim Compensation Program (VCP)

In California, crime victims have a constitutional right to restitution ordered by the judge handling the case against the defendant(s) convicted of the crime that caused their losses.  Restitution involves restoring those economic losses incurred by the crime victims or returning what was taken away from them as a result of the crime.

VCP offers help for victims* of:

  • Assault
  • Child Abuse
  • Domestic Violence
  • Drunk Driving
  • Homicide
  • Robbery
  • Sexual Assault
  • Vehicular Manslaughter
  • Trafficking  

VCP can potentially help pay for
expenses such as:

  • Medical and dental bills
  • Mental health counseling
  • Funeral costs
  • Relocation
  • Crime scene cleanup
  • Loss of income
For additional information, please contact the local Crime Victims Assistance Center at (559) 600-2822 or:


Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board

* The definition of victim under the Victim Compensation Program may differ from the definition under the California Constitution.

[Back to top]