Precinct Officer/Campaign Information
Precinct Officer recruitment, training and assignment
Online Campaign Statements
For technical questions on campaign statements, contact the FPPC at (866)275-3772 or visit Fair Political Practices Commission Home Page
- Cal Access - An online tool for information on who is contributing campaign funds to support or oppose statewide candidates and ballot measures
- Federal Election Commission
Voting in Fresno County precincts is conducted by qualified Precinct Officers (Inspectors and Clerks) who are appointed by the Fresno County Clerk/Registrar of Voters.
Precinct Officers are responsible for conducting the voting in strict accordance with the voting laws of the State of California, and in doing so they perform a very important service in preserving the democratic way of life in the land.
: A Precinct Officer must
- 18 years old and a registered voter in the State of California, or
- 18 years old and a Legal Resident of the United States living in California, or
- 16 years old, a Junior or Senior in High School with a GPA of at least 2.5. A student Precinct Officer application is required and must be signed by a parent/guardian and a teacher.
- Read and write English.
- Work on Election Day from 6:00 a.m. until all duties are completed (approximately 9:30 p.m.)
- Attend a 2-hour MANDATORY training class, per election.
- Have transportation.
- Attend an evaluation session, including a personal interview.
: The duties of Precinct Officers (both Inspectors and Clerks) are to:
THE INSPECTOR, IN ADDITION
- Prepare, open and close the polling place location.
- Locate voter names on the roster.
- Issue to and receive from the voters their official ballot.
- Assist voters in any phase of the voting process.
- Perform all required duties as assigned by the Registrar of Voters, or Precinct Inspector.
- Be in charge of a polling place and its Precinct Board on election day.
- Assign duties to clerks on election day.
- Accept and check election supplies and availability of polling place before election day.
- Inspector: $175.00
- Clerk: $ 150.00
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, Precinct Officer Application