Phone Number: 600-3987
- Catholic Social Services - Any family with no means of support may qualify for assistance.
- Emergency Housing Center - Helps provide temporary emergency shelter for CalWORKs eligible families. Information and referral services provided.
- Evangel Home, Inc. - Single women and women with children (boys under age 9) accepted.
- Fresno Rescue Mission - Temporary shelter for men or families with children.
- Project Home Again - Matches homeless families with churches to help find permanent homes.
- YWCA Homeward Bound - Shelter for homeless women and children. Program fee is 30% of income.
- YWCA/Marjaree Mason Center - Thirty day free emergency shelter for women and children escaping domestic violence. Low cost transitional residential program for homeless women and women with children.
- Housing Authorities of the City and County of Fresno - Section 8 and conventional housing programs assist eligible low to moderate income residents by subsidizing a portion of their rent. Home ownership programs available to qualified applicants.
DSS is currently collaborating with referrals to the Welfare to Work funded Tenant-Based Assistance Program which provides additional rental subsidies for individuals transitioning to employment.