Adolescent Family Life Program (AFLP)
Our Location: 4445 E. Inyo, Fresno CA 93702Our Phone Number: 600-7579
AFLP is designed to improve the health, social, and economic well-being and enhance the education of pregnant and parenting teens and their partners and is administered by the Department of Social Services in conjunction with the Economic Opportunities Commission.
Who Can Participate?
AFLP is VOLUNTARY for teens that are:
- Pregnant and/or parenting;
- Females under age 19;
- Males under age 20;
- Not eligible for Welfare to Work (WTW) services.
What does AFLP Do?
Participants will receive monthly case management services to help you:
- Understand the AFLP program and services available;
- Develop an educational plan to obtain a high school diploma or its equivalent;
- Obtain health care including prenatal and postnatal care, and immunization services;
- Access appropriate community resources for needed services such as family planning, mental health, substance abuse and domestic violence;
- Assists youth in setting long-term career and education goals;
- Hosts regular workshops on issues and concerns of parenting teens.